Welcome to SSEAS
We offer training in 14 languages, and undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the histories, religions, cultures and textual traditions of a third of the world’s population. Our faculty specializes in all periods from the classical to the modern, in the fields of literature, history, and religious studies, and conducts research in India, Pakistan, Tibet, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
Your tax-deductible contribution to the Department of South & Southeast Asian Studies helps fund language teaching, student scholarships, and everything we do.
The Region of Imperial Strategy: Regino Garcia, Sebastián Vidal, Mary Clemens and the Consolidation International Botany in the Philippines, 1858-1936
Minangkabau Intellectuals and Radical Nationalism in British Malaya
Tug-of-ear: The Play of Dialect in Modern Bengali and Tamil Literature
For the complete list Click Here
- Gender and Politics in South Asia, May 6
- Nayanika Mookherjee | 'Traitors' of Justice and Graphic Ethnography, May 6
- Pochishe Boishakh, May 8
- An Evening of Ghazals: Naseeruddin Shah in conversation with Jisha Menon, May 8
- The Weakest Link in the Global Supply Chain, May 11
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month Celebration 2021, May 11