Welcome to SSEAS
We offer training in 14 languages, and undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the histories, religions, cultures and textual traditions of a third of the world’s population. Our faculty specializes in all periods from the classical to the modern, in the fields of literature, history, and religious studies, and conducts research in India, Pakistan, Tibet, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
Your tax-deductible contribution to the Department of South & Southeast Asian Studies helps fund language teaching, student scholarships, and everything we do.
Estranged Comrades: Global Networks of Indonesian Communism, 1926-1932
Uncommon tales of common folks: Life–stories of ordinary people across the nineteenth–century Cambodia
Instructor, Department of History, Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University
Hannah Lord Archambault
Geographies of Influence: Two Afghan Military Households in 17th and 18th Century South India
For the complete list Click Here
- Exit West: Immigration on Film, thru Nov 20
- [VIRTUAL EVENT] S. Shankar | Poor Stories, Nov 2
- [VIRTUAL EVENT] Gursharan Sidhu + Naman Ahuja | Vital Love, Mar 3
- [VIRTUAL EVENT] Naeem Mohaiemen + Yasufumi Nakamori | Crisis and Creativity, Feb 18
- [VIRTUAL EVENT] Kashmir, Dec 3
- [VIRTUAL EVENT] Maira Hayat | Ecologies of Water Governance in Pakistan, Nov 30